CSE offers monthly professional development workshops for FIU faculty and staff. Please register below. To receive professional development credit, participants must fill out the PDH form in their Employee Portal. To request your own workshop, please see our Department Tools page.
"Relationship Rich Education" - Helping Your Students Build Relationships
Join us as we review key findings from Felten & Lambert's 2020 book, "Relationship Rich Education". This workshop will cover the importance of building strong relationships in college and offer strategies to support your students in their relationship-building journeys.
- Monday, August 16, 2021 | 1:00pm to 2:30pm | Register Here!
- Friday, August 27, 2021 | 10:00am to 11:30am | Register Here!
Helping YOU Engage Your Students
Come learn more about how CSE can help you engage your students and how you can start the engagement conversation with Panthers that you serve!
- Thursday, September, 9, 2021 | 1:00pm to 3:00pm | Register Here!
- Wednesday, September, 15, 2021 | 10:00am to 12:00pm | Register Here!
"Radical Candor" - CSE Book Club Workshop
Join us in this new workshop guided by the book "Radical Candor" by Kim Scott! This workshop will cover key elements of the concept of "radical candor" and how you can use it in your practice with various stakeholders. While we encourage you to read the book before participating, you are welcome to join in on the discussion without prior knowledge!
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021 | 1:00pm to 3:00pm | Register Here!
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 | 10:00am to 12:00pm | Register Here!
Stay tuned: November and December workshop dates are coming soon!