Learning isn’t just done inside the classroom but outside the classroom as well. Research has shown that student involvement promotes success. Students who get involved are more likely to graduate and have better grades and marketable skills. FIU encourages students to become global citizens by supporting differences and producing positive contributions to society. Campus involvement provides students with the opportunity to build new friendships, enhance networking abilities, acknowledge diversity, improve communications skills, acquire leadership skills, work as a team, and attain practical experience beneficial for personal development.
Excellent Ways to Get Involved
- Campus Life: Live the Life!
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- FIU Sports
- Recreation Services
- Sorority & Fraternity Life
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Student Alumni Association (SAA)
- Student Media
- Student Health Services: Peer Education Programs
- National Student Exchange
- Career & Talent Development: Workshops, Etiquette Dinners, Mock Interviews, and more
- Study Abroad
- Center for Leadership and Service
- Housing and Residential Life
- Multicultural Programs
- Orientation and Parent Programs
- Undergraduate Research
Did you know?
- Both BBC and MMC Libraries are open for the final two weeks of the semester until 3am. Check out library hours here.
- Hidden on the MMC campus, near the US Century Bank Arena, FIU has a nature preserve consisting of unique tropical and temperate hardwood species. The Office of University Sustainability conducts tours and volunteer days of The FIU Nature Preserve.
- FIU’s own Hospitality and Tourism Management students assist the South Beach Food Network Food & Wine Festival. SoBe Food & Wine Festival